290 Broad Street, Lower Level, Summit, NJ 07901
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 am — 11:30 am
(Items can be left with SAGE Eldercare’s receptionist until 4:30 pm)
Does a table need a new leg? The volunteer artisans at our workshop can help.
Since 1961, SAGE’s Furniture Restoration Workshop has offered the public fine-quality furniture restoration.
Pricing is reasonable and is based upon the condition of the furniture item and the materials and labor necessary for its restoration.
All funds received for workshop services benefit the programs and services of SAGE. (Learn how to become a volunteer here.)
We will consider repair of almost any piece of furniture or other wooden item. We invite you to bring a piece in for evaluation. If you feel your job may be out of the ordinary, a phone call ahead would be appreciated.
See our latest work on Facebook.
Samples of Our Work
The repair process for an item involves:
- Disassembly of the piece as far as is practical (secure joints are not separated).
- Old glue is removed from mating surfaces to ensure good adhesion of new glue.
- Broken parts are reassembled without glue to ensure a tight fit.
- Parts are assembled with glue and then clamped.
- After the glue dries, there is a light clean-up of the piece.
- Small nicks and scratches are covered by spot application of stain or stain pencil.
If prior arrangements are made, more extensive finishing can be done.