But our 600 volunteers deliver much more than meals. They also provide a warm smile, a friendly visit, and watchful eye to help make sure everyone is okay each day. We’re here to help — call us at 908.273.5554 or read below to learn more.
Individuals age 60 and older who are frail, homebound, or disabled are eligible for Meals on Wheels.
This includes those recuperating from an illness, those who are mentally or physically impaired, those without family or friends to shop for them, or those needing a special diet.
There are no income requirements.
Is Meals on Wheels Available Where You Live?
SAGE Eldercare delivers meals to towns in parts of three counties — Union, Essex, and Morris. Currently, the towns being served are:
- Berkeley Heights
- New Providence
- Short Hills
Ask us how to contact Meals on Wheels in areas we don’t serve.
What Are the Meals Like?
Meals are planned by a registered dietician and include milk. In some areas, we are able to provide special diets, including diabetic, pureed, and renal meals. All meals are relatively low in fat and sodium.
If you prefer to prepare your own meals, but need help with grocery shopping, we can provide that service for you.
Meals are delivered Monday through Friday.
- If people need extra food for the weekend, it is delivered with their Friday meal.
- Meals can be scheduled for the short term or indefinitely.
- Caring volunteers deliver meals and visit briefly with program participants between 11:00 am and 12:30 pm.
- Clients must be home to receive their meals, unless special arrangements are made. It is important that contact is made each day to ensure safety in the home.
- Call us between 7:30 am and 3:30 pm, Monday to Friday, to make arrangements; delivery can usually begin within a few business days.
Let Us Help You
To learn more about Meals on Wheels — or to talk about other way we can help, contact us today — Because your home is a great place to age!
Call 908.273.5554 for more information.