Designed by leading professionals, our Spend-A-Day program offers a day of stimulating, structured activities, individualized to each participant’s needs. Our program is staffed by warm, caring professionals.
Often, adult day programs provide a significant cost advantage over other alternatives, such as home care.
In addition, more and more medical research is pointing to the benefits of structured social, physical, and cognitive activities for individuals with, or at risk for, memory issues. We can provide an individualized program to help individuals and their caregivers who are learning how to manage Alzheimer’s and related dementia.
Judging by the number of smiles we see each day, we must be doing something right. (Testimonials) We’re here to help — call us at 908.598.5520 or read below to learn more.
A Cheerful Staff, a Friendly Environment
SAGE’s adult day program, the longest running program in New Jersey, provides a full calendar of activities, including arts and crafts, musical entertainment, sing-a-longs, mentally stimulating games, discussion groups (books, films, current events), exercise, and holiday and birthday celebrations.
The program includes:
- A handicapped-accessible center
- Daily exercise and walking programs on indoor stroll path
- Light breakfast, hot lunch, and snacks served daily
- On-site physical, occupational, and speech therapy provided by geriatric specialists (Fox Rehabilitation)
- On-site Beauty Salon/Barber Shop
- Referrals for laboratory, x-ray, dental, ophthalmology, and podiatry services (billed directly to the client)
- Transportation assistance to and from Spend-A-Day
A Team of Professionals
SAGE’s Spend-A-Day is staffed by caring, experienced, interdisciplinary professionals:
- Registered Nurses provide on-site monitoring, including medications, blood pressure, and weight management, as well as coordinating health care plans with the participant’s primary physician.
- Full-Time Geriatric Social Worker is on-site daily to assist and support participants, families, and caregivers.
- Registered Dietician plans all meals.
- Certified Dementia Practitioners — most staff have certification from the National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners.
Who should consider the Spend-A-Day Program?
Spend-A-Day helps older adults remain living in their homes by offering a safe place to spend the day. It also provides valuable respite for spouses, adult children, their families, and other caregivers. Spend-A-Day may be an especially good choice when your loved one:
- Is isolated and desires companionship
- Can no longer structure his/her own daily activities
- Cannot be safely left alone at home
- Needs supervision or care when living with someone who works outside the home or who is otherwise frequently away from home
- Needs care due to — Alzheimer’s disease; early-, middle- or late-stage dementia; post-stroke; post-orthopedic surgery; cardiac illness; and, diabetes management
Program Hours: Monday — Friday, 9:30 am — 4:00 pm
Extended Hours: Monday — Friday, 8:00 am — 5:00 pm
Transportation and financial assistance are available. Medicaid and Veterans benefits are accepted.
Let Us Help You
We are here to help you determine what services will provide the most comfort — Because your home is a great place to age!
Call 908.598.5520 for more information.