Annually, more than 600 volunteers help SAGE fulfill its mission. Some volunteers deliver food as part of our Meals on Wheels program, others have learned how to recane chairs and repair furniture, others shop and run errands for older members of the community who cannot do so on their own, and some serve as receptionists in our lobby.
They all have one thing in common. They have all discovered how incredibly rewarding it is to help SAGE . . . to make a difference in the lives of older members of our community who need support.
Whatever it is you want to do, you can be sure we want and need your help!
The following are just a few of the projects and volunteer opportunities available at SAGE:
- Deliver Meals on Wheels
- Lend a hand to the Grocery Shopping and Errand Service
- Repair furniture at SAGE’s Furniture Restoration Workshop
- Work as a salesperson at SAGE’s Resale Shop
- Assist receptionists or provide clerical assistance
- Serve as a program assistant in Spend-A-Day, our adult day program
- Train to become a counselor for SHIP of Union County (State Health Insurance Assistance Program) and assist people with Medicare and health insurance questions
- Help with mailings
- Apply computer expertise to assist with internet research and data analysis
- Help with fundraising and other events
- Photograph our events
- Coordinate a corporate or community group project
We Want Your Help!
Do you have a special skill you would like to share? Call us!
If you are interested in volunteering at SAGE Eldercare, please call the Director of Volunteers at 908.598.5514. You’ll be glad you did . . . and so will SAGE!